Monday, January 22, 2024

Blog Post #2

     I learned a lot from the video we watched in class discussing the Supreme Court. The first thing I learned is that the Supreme Court is the most powerful judicial body on earth. I always knew that it was a very high honor to be a Supreme Court judge, however, I didn't realize how much power a Supreme Court judge possesses. Another interesting fact that I learned is that there have been just over 100 Supreme Court judges in history serving an average of 16 years. 16 years is a long time which is why this was so surprising to me. I think one of the most important takeaway points from this video about the Supreme Court is that the judges are referring to a document that was made over 200 years ago by our founding fathers. It is pretty incredible that we are still basing decisions regarding current issues on a document that is that old. This isn't to say that I believe the Constitution is invalid, as I think protecting people's liberties from the government is incredibly important, and that was one of the main purposes of the Constitution. Something surprising that I learned is that Supreme Court Judges have to wait until people bring their problems to the Supreme Court. I think it is interesting that the Supreme Court Judges can't bring up issues that they find are pressing. This video changed my understanding of the Supreme Court because I didn't realize how powerful they truly are. I didn't realize they are the most powerful judicial body on earth. When I hear of a new judge being appointed in the future, I will definitely pay more attention to the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

  The way technology has taken over the way we live will go down as one of the most significant changes of the way we live in the history of...